Saturday, December 03, 2005

Voices in the Morning -3rd December 2005

Anisa

Bismillah. In the name of God...and so I begin. I've thought about writing this post for a while, but I admit...it makes me nervous. But this morning as I read my daily CNN updates, I knew I could wait no longer. I have something I want to share. I'm Muslim. Each and every day, it seems suicide bombings occur. Something else happens where the words "Islamic Terrorist" scream at me from the headlines. It's as if the two words couldn't possibly be separated. These people have hijacked my faith....MORE
Joe Coyle - US Peace Corps Volunteer

This Eid is sort of the culmination of Ramadan. Unfortunately I wasn’t faithful the entire month. I broke fast two days when I was in Dhaka for swearing-in. I didn’t want to, but there was a pretty good deal of bourbon involved, and I woke up feeling like death and pretty much had to eat and drink. So I did 27 out of 29 days. Next year maybe I can go the distance. It’s funny, about halfway through I was saying to myself, “This sucks. I’m never doing roja again.” But after about day 20 I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I sort of started appreciating the difficulty. And seriously, come sundown “Allahu akbar” are the sweetest words you’ve ever heard......MORE
Sadeq Khan

Blame-game diversions and political fishing in troubled waters, and possible repeat performances of desperate terrorist acts notwithstanding, the security personnel are right on track and appear to be obtaining significant results, once the nature of the malignancy in the body politic was identified and diagnosed. Certain aspects of the malignancy, however, are beyond penal surgery and require socio-political care and attention. It is to be noted that unlike suicide-bombers in other disturbed areas where they are motivated by oppressive foreign occupation or ethnic deprivation,those in this country are avowedly engaging in acts of war against the State and the social order ......MORE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home